The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) posted below address some common questions you and others might have regarding the kennel and our puppies. Feel free to contact us for clarification or if you don’t see an answer to a question or concern you have.
Can my puppy be registered with a Pet Registry?
Mixed breed puppies are not eligible for pet registration at this time.
Can I pick up my puppy early?
Our puppies are not released until they are 9 weeks of age so we can monitor them a little longer and ensure they are healthy and ready for their new home.
We do NOT release puppies before 9 weeks of age.
What do you provide when we pick up our puppy?
Our Puppy Package includes:
- Complete paperwork with a Canine Medical History, Guarantee of Good Health, Written Notice for Dog Purchasers (Summary of Pennsylvania Law), etc.
- 1 Quart bag of Puppy kibble (brand currently being used).
- 16-18oz (or more) bottle of frozen raw goat’s milk to add to their kibble. Goat milk contains vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, trace elements, enzymes, protein, and fatty acids.
We do NOT provide beds, crates, leashes or other pet supplies, however, we have a large selection of Pet Supplies for sale at the kennel.
Are the puppies vet checked?
Yes. There is an on-site vet inspection every month where our puppies are seen by the veterinarian before being released to their new homes.
How do you keep your dogs healthy?
- All of our dogs (adults and puppies) are kept up to date with vaccinations and deworming.
- Our facility has temperature controlled heat and air conditioning throughout.
- An on-site vet inspection is conducted every month.
- When needed, we utilize the services of a local American Animal Hospital Association certified veterinary hospital.
How much will my puppy weigh as an adult?
It's hard to say how big a puppy will get, because the gene pool may include dogs of various sizes. To determine weight based on the parents helps but it's not the final word and we would be remiss to promise when we just don't know.
For example, we had a litter of Cava-Cavachon puppies born. There were 4 puppies, each a different size than the others. Any guess on our part would have been off for 3 of the 4 dogs.
LEFT TO RIGHT: Finn, Ford and Foster, 3 Cava-Cavachon brothers, same birthday (3/20/2019), come in SMALL, MEDIUM and LARGE! There was also an EXTRA SMALL one, who isn't in the picture.